When I first started Good Book Alert, we had several active reviewers. I appreciate all the ones who have freely given reviews. But the honest truth of the matter is doing something for free over and over again gets to be eventually impossible for anyone.
The initial idea was to help others gain reviews, and while many reviews were done, Good Book Alert has slowed down a lot. To get things moving again and help other writers, I have decided to start a guest reviewer program. I’m looking for reviewers to do one review. In return the guest reviewer will receive one guest post on the site. In both posts, your book/bio information will be posted as well.
Here are the rules and guidelines:
1. Any book you review can’t be a book where you were involved in the publishing process, such as editing, critiquing, or even book cover design. Ideally, I’d prefer it was from someone you never met. GBA is about helping the little guy, so we only review Indie and Small Press books. (Also..we don't review erotica)
2. I will send you submissions until you find one you like well enough to give at least 3 stars. Please reject books you feel are only 1 or 2 stars. We don’t give less than 3 stars and are looking for quality books.
3. Write the review and your guest post. Send both to me in an email (use above email with the subject: Review Complete), along with the book cover image. Links to Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc are helpful.
4. Your guest post will go first. Of course, make it on a topic related to your book. It would be good to add a little suspense about whatever you reviewed and why, but keep it vague. Then the review posts on the next day. Usually posts will be during the week (not weekends.)
5. Please share on all social media possible: Facebook, Twitter, Google Talk, etc. The more followers we get the better in our efforts to help books get some exposure.
6. You can be a guest reviewer once every two months.
7. Regular reviewers are still welcome and will have priority in being posted, but keep in mind…it’s free voluntary work.
8. I will post the reviews to our GBA Amazon account. We don’t have any other accounts (Goodreads, etc.), so feel free to post your review there and other places.
How does this sound? Are you interested? Any suggestions before I launch this on the world?
Interested people, please email me at: goodbookalert@gmail with the subject “Guest Reviewer”
If I get enough guest reviewers, submissions will open on GBA again.